Monday, July 14, 2008

A Project Has Been Finished




This (finally) completed quilt is done. Not my proudest piece of work, but done. Not realizing that I chose the wrong navy fabric-it was more broadcloth than quilting cotton - I had already cut and sewn the thing together. So, pretending the pioneer spirit took hold, I finished it and will use it. Cricket, my cat has taken a likin to it, since it's been folded and sitting in the sewing room for a bit too long. Cat hair off-it's getting it's first wash to 'pucker' it up. Here's the thing - stitches are way way too distant; somewhat even in their long length, but not a Blue Ribbon Beauty. From a distance, not bad.

1 comment:

Chris Daly said...

I love your blog! And this quilt is gorgeous. It is really fun seeing where you live and how you decorate. It looks like the perfect new home. Merry Christmas my friend! Chris